Concocting A Tornado In A Bottle
Those crazy boys and part-time scientists are back at it again today. If you have been following along, you know that they have been concocting up a few wild experiments. We have been using the book, “The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions”.
Today we are creating Tornadoes (page 35).
I know there are many different ways to do this experiment but today we are using:
- 16 oz clear plastic soda or water bottle (with cap)
- 1 teaspoon of glitter (the brighter the color the better)
- 2 drops of clear liquid dish detergent (we didn’t have clear but green Dawn worked fine)
How To Concoct It
- Fill the bottle with cold water
- Add dish detergent and glitter to the bottle
- Put the cap on TIGHT
- Hold the bottle by the neck, turn it upside down and rotate your wrist several times in a clockwise motion.
Here are the boys showing you how to do it (sorta)